- Take a boat trip to the Fastnet Rock Lighthouse – also known as the teardrop of Ireland, because it was the last part of Ireland that Irish emigrants saw as they sailed to America. Duration: approx 2hrs.
- Take a tour around the Island by boat. At various times of the year you will see seals, otters, dolphins, and porpoises. Duration: (approx 2hrs)
- Sherkin has three beautiful sandy beaches – Silver Strand, Cow Strand, and Trabawn – which are ideal for secluded swimming and coastal walks.
- Wander along the road past banks of red fuschia, bright orange mombrisha and rocky fields hemmed in by dry stone walls. Explore the old lighthouse and the ruined Franciscan Abbey by the pier. Duration: approx 2-4hrs
- Mackerel fishing by boat – what better way to spend a morning or an afternoon than by getting out on the water and catching your own dinner?
- The island is also well known for its magical sunsets.
We will be happy to arrange any of the range of local activities. Just Contact us at reception.
* Diving: www.baltimorediving.com
* Sailing: www.baltimoreyachtcharters.com
* Kayaking: www.atlanticseakayaking.com
* Angling: Kieran Collins at 0863014971
* Whale and Dolphin Watching: www.whalewatchwestcork.com
Other Interesting Links